Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:17:12 -0800
At 07:11 PM 3/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone out there experience some grief with a ZIP drive. I have a disk
here
>that locks up the system once 50% of the disk is used. If I keep it under
>50% it works, no knocking sound. If it's over 50% it knocks!

Sounds like a bad disk rather than a problem with the drive.  Have you
tried doing a full reformat of the disk?  Some of these disks have a
life-time guarantee.  You might want to check on that.

I have posted a similar response to this before. I guess I should save a
stock reply as it seems to come up frequently. Iomega finally confirmed
that there is a problem with some Zip drives AND OR disks. It is being
referred to as the "Click of Death" More information can be found at the
unofficial click of death homepage.
http://www.thirdeyesp.com/jatin/iomega/   and many other sites. News.com
first broke the story as for as I know.
Brad Loomis