Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:05:35 +0000
Greetings Phillip and list--
You wrote------
> I own a Asus CRW-5232AS-u external cd writer which is compatable with
> windows
> 98se, 2k and xp. I would like to connect it to a computer at work which uses
> windows 98 4.10.2222a. Would the writer be compatible and if not, can I only
> update the driver section of windows 98 or would it need to be a total
> upgrade?
-----------
The version designation 4.10.2222a is the version number for Windows 98SE,
so your cd writer should be compatible without any modification, unless you lack
the USB ports to connect it. In that case Sven's response below provides excellent suggestions for remedying that situation.

HTH,

Paul A. Shippert
and I'm hovering like a fly
waiting for the windshield on the