From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 01:48:45 -0400
In the old days I'd have said your email program or some regularly
scheduled action is doing this, but today's computers shouldn't have
this problem.
Vista has some elaborate looking monitors which might help. I don't
have a copy of Vista handy, but they're not hard to find. Something
like event viewer, which keeps a log by time should help pin this
down.
The fact that it happened on your old PC also makes me wonder if
you've installed the same  program on this PC that caused the problem
previously.
It's also possible this is not PC related, I suppose. Maybe it's some
older appliance you have, the NSA collecting data, or your neighbor
cycling his grow lights.