From:
Mark Doll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:37:24 -0400
I agree with you, but for reasons unknown, the DELL GODS wont let that happen.I have a Dimension 4600 series and tried a clean install several times.All it will do is copy over the original install, even though you do as instructed for a clean install, all it is a repair.

Then I changed the boot order so it would boot from the cd drive frist and guess what, it finally worked.It formatted the drive finally and did a CLEAN INSTALL.
 When I rebooted the computer, I was instructed to hit any key to boot from the CD drive, which I did and I was on my way. ( you dont need to be a puter geek to figure these things out,I was saying to my self )
I sat here watching it formatt and do a few other things, the the computer rebooted and instructed you to hit any key to boot from the cd, which I did and it started the whole process all over again.Im thinking to my self, this seems strange and proceed to watch the whole formatt again.While im sitting here watching,I decided to get the manual out that came with a computer and look through it.
To my dismay, right there in black and white was  NOTICE: Do not press any key when the following message appears: Press any key to boot from the CD.
A little farther up the page was something about booting from the CD also.
Mind you, I spent over 2 weeks trying to figure this out.
Maybe to dont have to be a puter geek, but common sense goes a long way.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>