From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:31:35 -0500
I second Dale's suggestion that you look into courses from the local
Community College or Tech Center.  In our area (central KY) the courses at
the local community college are taught by very knowledgeable persons.  The
price can't be beat.  You might even have time for a networking or
programming course as well.  Some courses combine hardware with networking.
The only drawback might be the timing of the course.  Most schools now have
their course listings and cost information on the Internet.  Check it out.
I know that the short, expensive type course might work in your particular
situation - but most of these quick courses flood you with a world of
information in a very short period of time.  The slower pace at the college
or tech center will give you more time to absorb the vast amounts of
information we all must learn about this subject and will also give you the
opportunity to meet many of the "computer types" in your area.

HTH,
Anthony

> I teach Computer Science and other computer related course at a
> Community College and I tend to find that the courses offered by
>Community Colleges are superior and also a lot less money. Our
> course that teaches you everything that this course does, costs
> $300, plus $60 for a book that we actually use for a Level 1 and
> Level 2 and networking course. Check our you local college for a
> comparative course.
>

> >Has anyone taken the Advanced troubleshooting, maintaining & upgrading
>> PCs course?  It is put on by CompuMaster and MS certified.  I got the
> >flyer in the mail today.  It looks interesting except for the $900!

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html