From:
Phil and Nat Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:27:14 -0500
Ok, first time poster to this list......

I have a Creative 36x cd rom drive that seems to be giving me the scratches here.  Whenever I insert a CD, it makes a clicking noise as though the spinner is having problems functionning properly.  The result becomes the CD inserted is not read, detected, and unaccessible through My Computer and Windows Explorer.  Windows Explorer does see the cd rom drive and displays it is there.  When I checked the Device Manager, it says my cd rom is working fine(!) and that I am using the most up to date driver available(!).  How can I fix this?  It won't even read/detect my Windows 98 CD(!)  Help!

Phil