From:
Oliver Dammann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:54:43 +0200
>         My second reason for posting has to do with the temperature of the
> motherboard as recorded by a program called the Motherboard
> Monitor.  It says that the temp of my motherboard is 100.4 degrees F
> and the alarm is set to start beeping at 105.8 degrees F.  Is this a
> good "window"?  I have a fan with the power supply plus a fan on the
> processor itself.
>
>         Comments?  Suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> Harold E. Schumacher, Jr.

Hello Harold,

first of all, I have noticed, that the temperature measurement isn't quite
reliable. The MOBO manufacturers don't spend much affort in precision
regarding that feature. Second, there is a program called CPU-Idle which
takes advantage off an (in Win95) unused CPU command to suspend the CPU.
This won't effect the CPU performance but helps to keep the temperature low.
I have a PII 333 MHz that I run now with 400 MHz and 100 MHz FSB. With
CPU-Idle my temperature has dropped 10 degrees centigrade.

You can find the program at
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~goetz/

Oliver Dammann

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**