From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:51:25 -0500
CPU speed is a function of the timing circuits of the motherboard.  If this
is the problem, then the only solution is to replace the motherboard.  BUT I
suspect that Karl's problem is really a system performance problem and not
the CPU itself.

Scandisk and Defrag (as Philip suggests) are my first remedy for slow
performers.  Next I would use a registry cleaning program to get rid of any
leftovers from poorly executed UNINSTALLS.

If that doesn't help, then I would suggest a fresh startup (completely shut
down and reboot) and use the TASK MANAGER (ctrl+alt+del) to REMOVE any and
all items except for EXPLORER and SYSTRAY.

I think this will produce a noticeable difference in the performance.  If
so.... then start eliminating the extraneous items from the start up
routine.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====