From:
Jeffrey Madore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:57:01 -0500
From: "Gertrude Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 3:29 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Question re: speakers

> Is it possible to use a single set of speakers for two computers? I'm
> guessing slicing an additional jack in would work. Any complications
> that might occur with such a set up?

I would probably feed the "audio out" of one machine to the "audio in" of
the other. Then connect the speakers to the second machine. Keep the cables
short to avoid hum due to ground loop and experiment with volume levels on
the first machine to avoid overdriving the input of the second.

Paralleling two speaker outputs may cause problems depending on the
impedance. If the above doesn't work out let me know and I will help you
determine if paralleling the speaker outputs will be workable in your
situation.

Jeff - K1LE - CT ><>

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com