From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2015 19:14:25 -0500
  Hal ,

I tried both your links and both didn't work out very well.
They arrived broken , I fixed that ,but that's not the only thing

XPdrivers.com is not interested in providing drivers, but rather provide a
Drivers tool download.
eHow is not much better - they make you jump through hoops to get a
download for another driver tool.

To Vital -

Please stick with known sources.
The first is Microsoft Updates and by now USB drivers are up-to-date for XP
with SP3
and would have been contained in SP3 and subsequent optional Updates.

The second- if M$ didn't provide the right driver for some reason,
is the manufacturer - in this case IBM, but support is through Lenovo  (End
of Life Archive)
http://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

To be honest- For other drivers, I do it the other way around - Mfg first ,
then M$ ,
but these are general XP drivers  ,not specifically IBM.

Plug in your Model data and check if specific USB drivers for XP SP3 are
provided

The reason I know this is because I still have a couple of old IBM NetVista
machines with XP Pro SP3
and going to unknown sources is asking for trouble.

Hope this helps, but in no way changes my earlier advice.
the USB powered Hub is not up to the task.

Peter E.

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 6:57 AM, Hal Seabolt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Vital,
> Your mother board USB driver
> probably must be updated to
> USB2,