From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:48:49 -0400
Conextant has a modem identifier program. Go to
http://www.conexant.com/customer/md_support.html

and follow the links for Modem Driver Assistance.

I knew my make and model so I haven't tested this application.  The web site
first asks you to find your model from a list, but in there somewhere is an
offer to download an application that will interrogate the modem's bios and
report the manufacturer an model of the modem (Conexant only makes the
chip).

Tom Turak