From:
"Joab S. Herman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 03:39:29 -0400
Marshall,

Here are a few companies with good prices that I have dealt
with, and found to be reliable (this is by no means an
all-inclusive list):

www.zbuy.com - hard drives, well priced, free shipping

www.pcinfinity.net - very good cases, etc. Prices usually
include reasonable shipping charges.

www.newegg.com - various components, reasonable shipping.

www.accessmicro.com - good prices, shipping a bit high.

Pricewatch (www.pricewatch.com) is an excellent resource, but
carefully check shipping costs, as the best price listed can
sometimes be the worst after shipping is added.

The best advice I can give is to do your homework before you
start shopping. Read reviews, check manufacturers' websites for
specs and know exactly what makes and models of components that
you want. Then shop for the best prices.

Regards,
Joab

At 12:00 AM 6/1/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Date:    Thu, 31 May 2001 13:21:37 -0400
>From:    Marshall Fortescue <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: first time pc builder
>
>I have been looking at  the documentation on the "Free PC Tech"
>about
>building a basic PC.  I'm ready to begin my own.  I've been
>inside my
>current PC and am really thinking that I could build one as
>well, instead of
>purchasing a new computer.
>
>My 1st (very basic) question....where, on the web?  or from
>catalogs? do you
>go to get the parts?  I have a CompUSA store within 2 hours,
>but I'd really
>like to get everything off of the web.  Is this a viable approach?
>
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Yes, I've done searches on the web...just hoping to hear of the
>Great store
>out there!
>
>Thanks

                     support at our newest website: