From:
Huonga3TCV <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:17:52 +0300
Ian,
You can change the file system to NTFS in a simple way without any data
lost. Open command prompt, in the command prompt window type in "convert D:
/fs:ntfs" (D is the drive you want to change the file system to NTFS).
With NTFS you will have more security options with your drives. If you have
some users on the computer, with NTFS you can set the permissions for each
user in order for them to be (not to be) able to access this drive or any
folders on it. But if you still have an older version of windows on the
computer then you should choose FAT32, because the older version of windows
can't access the partition with NTFS.
Have a nice day.
Huynh Minh Huong
Email: [log in to unmask]