From:
andre chiasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:40:03 -0400
Hi Eb,

Is your cd drive and hard disk connected on the same ide port?  If they are,
make sure your hard disk's jumpers are configured to be Master and your cd
drive's jumpers to be Slave. Then, in the bios, make sure to activate the
Primary Master and Primary Slave.

If they are both installed on a different ide port, your can configure both
to be Master.  Furthermore, if both will be configured as Master, make sure
to go into the bios and activate Primary Master and Secondary Master.

Andre Chiasson

>From: E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I have a Magitronic AMDX5-133 computer that was running Win95 with hardware
>functioning.
>
>I pulled a hard drive with Win98 from another Magitronic (sorry, don't have
>the specs) and installed it in machine.  Because this was not meant to be a
>permanent installation, I wasn't too concerned about perfection.  However,
>got an error trying to run Lexmark Z11 printer, even though the same
>printer
>was being used on both computers.  So, I thought I would uninstall and
>reinstall the software.
>
>Oops!  The computer is not recognizing the CD drive.
>
>How does one get the computer to recognize a CD drive when autodetect does
>not see it?
>
>Eb Lund

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml