From:
Patrick Macaspac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:27:26 -0800
I think this registry key is wrong. It hink this one refers to logon screen (the one that displays the users) not the boot-up wallpaper. Try changing the value on the Wallpaper key on the same address (HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop). Try to put the pathname of the picture you want to be the boot-up wallpaper on the value field.

Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Is this what you are looking for?
[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop
Data Type: REG_SZ [String Value] // Value Name: ScreenSaveActive
Modify/Create the Value Name [ScreenSaveActive] according to the Value Data
listed below.
Value Data: [0 = ScreenSaveActive Disabled / 1 = ScreenSaveActive Enabled]
Exit Registry and Reboot

From http://www.theeldergeek.com/logon_screen_saver.htm

Brad Loomis
San Miguel, CA