From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:57:43 -0700
At 09:43 PM 11/16/2000, Harvey Rose wrote:
>I'm trying to identify a sound card, thinking it might of been a
>soundblaster 16. The card is wired to speakers inside the computer from the
>circuit board component side. on this side it has in the upper left hand
>corner Sony, Mitsumi and Panasonic printed. Also the chip is a Yamaha
>YM3812   9335 AAD8. there is no CT**** marking. Can anyone help me?

I do not believe Creative Labs used the Yamaha chip on the older
Sound Blaster cards that supported proprietary CD Rom drives.  You
may need to find the FCC ID number on the card and plug it into our
FCC ID Number search engine on our web site at:
    http://nospin.com/pc/fcc_id_search.html

That would be where I would start.

       Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group