From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:58:40 -0000
Hi, I don't know if this works with all Epsons, but this works with alot of
them.
Turn the printer on and let it start up properly.
Then, you might see a button which looks like a few sheets of paper piled
up, hold that down for a few seconds, (usually about 3 seconds). The
cartridges should move over to the other side, or at least be out of the way
for long enough to do something positive.)
When you've finished, hold the same button down until it goes back to its
original location.
Hope this helps, this has worked on all the Epsons I've tried so far.
Michele Sayer

In a message dated 11/11/03 7:49:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> >I used water to frequently unclog my printhead, until I discovered the
> 'park
> >position' for the cartridge, off to the side where the cartridge goes
when
> >the printer is powered off, was dirty

Tom,

I too have an Epson and am following this thread closely.  Print quality is
declining even with new cartridges.  My question though is, how do you get
the
cartridge to move from its parked position and get it to stay there long
enough to clean the parking position?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com