From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:44:05 -0600
Thanks.  It just so happens I found that answer while searching XP websites.
But, I wasn't sure if it really meant what I thought.  Oh well, I guess I'll
have to set up my resource on every 5th computer (not a problem).

But, I did run into another problem. My school bought 5 more XP machines. I
set them and hooked them into the hub (100base). I could see 6 out of 9 XP
machines. But three of them didn't even see themselves.  XP reports no
problems. Lights on NIC and hub are on. I'm suspecting the hub (just bought
it off ebay) may have a problem. I'm going to check Monday morning by using
my old hub for the three bad machines, plus one of the good ones and see if
that works.  If the hub is bad, even though the lights are on, will this
prevent a computer from seeing itself?

Byron Wolter