From:
Ted Saselli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:58:55 -0500
I have an IBM Aptiva 2153-E3U computer, K6-350, 128megRam, 8gHD, Win98SE.  I want to use the included Product Recovery CD to return the system to it's original configuration.  The recovery instructions have you inserting the Product Recovery CD into the CDR drive while the system is running, shutting down, and then restarting the machine.  However, when I do that nothing happens because, after I purchased the machine, I installed a CDRW drive and it is set as the master drive while the original CDR drive is set as the slave (when booting, the CDRW master is accessed but the CDR slave is not).  Now I could place the Product Recovery CD in the CDRW drive and I am sure it would be recognized.  But I am afraid that, because the CDRW drive was installed at a later date, I might be in a heap of trouble because the CDRW drive was not in the origi

nal configuration.
What are my options?  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Ted Saselli/

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>