From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:13:59 -0400
I'd ask at BestBuy too, since they have an interest in you keeping it.
Without seeing your setup, or your video card or video memory, I'd
say the computer will not support the monitor correctly.
You might need a better video card, or more video memory.
Sometimes you can share the regular RAM from the machine as
video memory, but that takes it from the system and your programs.
Things like that are generally set-up in the BIOS.

Unless you can get a driver/setup file from the monitor people, I think
the monitor might have to go back.

Did you try to reduce the colors (Color Quility in XP) to something you
can live with?

I don't know how hard BestBuy might restist the return, but If you
can take a digital camera picture of the "problem", it might help either
you (with the return) or them (with tech help).

Rick Glazier

From: "Joyce A"
> The default screen resolution of the new monitor is 1366 by 768 pixels,
> but the computer's own maximum preset resolution is 1280 by 768 pixels.
> I tried the minimum pixel setting (800 by 600 pixels) and the pictures
> got worse -- stretched out more.  So I tried maximum, and the pictures
> were then squeezed up tall and thin!  I've been trying to obtain the URL
> where I can download the updated resolution drivers from the makers,
> only to run into a bunch of personnel at Gateway "customer service" who
> keep on telling me things I already know -- and who obviously don't know
> how to spell!  :::sigh:::
>
> Does anyone know if I can change those resolution presets without some
> kind of download?  If this thing isn't right by Tuesday, I'm going to
> pack the monitor into its original case, take it back to Best Buy, and
> trade it back for a standard monitor.
>
> Joyce in SE Ohio
> eMachines T 3104 with Win XP, SP 2, upgraded to a 160-gig HD
>

> Richard Glazier wrote:
>> Find out the default screen resolution for the new monitor and set
>> the Display Resolution to that in the Video Properties section
>> of the OS.
>> Your video drivers and video memory might not be up to that task.
>> Let us know how you make out.
clipped

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml