From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:53:45 -0600
I have used Zip drives for years and have always used a PP external unit on
my personal computer. Just recently, I had a left over internal IDE unit and
installed it into my system. The unit worked and read all of my old ZIP disk
up until I loaded the drivers that came with the unit. The internal ZIP is
mfg by NEC but is still a 100MB unit. When I try to access a ZIP disk used
by my old external zip drive, it states that the disk is not formatted. Once
formatted, it works fine. The problem is that after the internal ZIP formats
the disk, the External ZIP no longer is able to read the disk until it
formats the disk again. So, I can't read or share information between the
two.

Again, I was initially able to read the old disk in the new internal unit
untill the new intall software was installed. I have also tried to reinstall
the old drivers with no luck. Has anyone had this problem and are you aware
of a fix?

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
http://www.computersalacarte.com