From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 21:12:26 -0700
>I can do %ages, but how do I first find out what *total* "system
>resources" are available, no matter what Win OS is being used, and
>whether "system recourdces" can be added to or expanded? thanks.

System Resources are fixed in size by Microsoft.  It's a major design flaw
in the operating
systems.  The O/S should maintain full control over the resources and
"take" them back
when a program exits, but they don't.  This allows a "leakage" of resources
and can cause
your system to slow down or even crash if the level of resources gets too low.

The only way to recover your resource level back to "normal" is to reboot
your system.
Then, you start the whole process of losing resources until you have to
reboot again.

Mark C. Barron

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml