From:
"John G. Cakars" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 14:20:55 -0800
Packard Bell POS P75, Win95a

An article in "Microtimes" said that cheap motherboards use aluminum
electrolytic capacitors instead of tantalum capacitors.  It said that
the "cheaper capacitors which would degrade over time and no longer
supply correct voltages and correct timing to the CPU."

Well, knowing Packard Bell, I thought I would ask them what kind they
were using.  Their wonderful reponse was:  The type of capacitors are
not available to us.  The motherboard may need to be replaced.  You may
order Packard Bell components from..."  That was helpful.

So is there any truth to the difference in capacitors?   If so, how long
would it take for a motherboard to develop problems?  Should I worry
about my Packard Bell motherboard?

Thanks!!