From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 07:07:19 -0400
Hello all!

I have a client with a coffee establishment who wishes to turn their free
hotspot into one that's a bit more regulated. Although still free, he wants
to restrict usage to customers, and at first connection send them to his web
page. He thought it might be possible to set up his wireless Linksys router
to do this. After looking at the software that sets up the router (it's a
plain old Linksys (pre-N), I don't think the router has those capabilities.
Am I wrong in making that assumption?

Thinking that I'm right, I researched for appliances that would do what he
wants, and came up with this as the best:
http://www.oscamtechnical.com/wirelesshotspot.html

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Is there a simpler solution? Is there a
better product? Any input is much appreciated!

Thank you for your time and thought on this.

Best,

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

 - Ideologies are ways of organizing large swaths of life and experience
under a set of shared but unexamined assumptions -

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:03 PM

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml