Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 01:21:50 -0700
I just picked up a 6 speed 4 disc CD-ROM reader for a song.  It is supposed
to show up as four seperate drive letters, but only shows one.  The
real-mode driver is installed in config.sys as:
  DEVICE=C:\CDROM\NEC_IDE.SYS /D:MSCD0001 /P:1F0, 14 /P:170, 15
I ran the Windows 95 installer that came with the reader (cdchnger.exe) but
still have only one drive in both My Computer and Device Manager.  The drive
works just fine, but the utility of four disc capacity is lost without
setting this up right. By the way, dosstart.bat includes the DOS CD extensions:
  C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD0001 /L:G
but the machine locks up when I try to restart the machine in MS-DOS mode.
This is no doubt something simple, but I can't see the forest for the trees.
Anyone with a better perspective than I?  Thank you.

Thomas Mohrlang