From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:44:02 -0700
There is something strange in your description. If you deleted all old
partitions and created a new one, you would not be able to enter C: and log
onto it till the partition was formatted. However, you say that you cannot
format the partition. It sounds to me like you may be picking up a
misconfigured previously formatted partition. Be sure to delete all
partition information and then create new partition. You will need to reboot
after creating the partition before you can format it. One more
consideration; are you sure that the BIOS and CMOS settings are set so that
your hard drive is properly recognized?

Just some ideas.

Peter
The NoSpin Group