From:
Lynn Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:40:16 -0500
Hi Tom-

XP does them all- no worries.  I have two HD's that have FAT32 & NTFS on the same drive, different partitions- it's done all the time.  NTFS makes smaller cluster sizes so wastes less & is able to be set up in a more secure fashion than FAT32.  In some instances FAT32 is faster, though with more possible waste due to larger cluster size (proportional with partition size).  Everything's a toss up - all depends on your needs & uses.

You can hook up the drive that you plan to use as the boot drive, drop in the XP disk, & do the partition/format from there.  Then when it's done, add the other drive in as slave & partition/format that one from within Windows via the "manage" feature (right-click "my computer", manage, disk management.

It's
 such a breeze now in XP,

LT

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,