Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 00:56:47 +1200
Anyone know why I should have trouble inserting an AMD Thunderbird 1.4 cpu
into this mobo?  Because I just broke the end off the socket, when trying to
close the locking lever.  Could it just be a faulty socket?

The cpu fits into the socket ok with the lever up.  The pins and missing
pins on the cpu match all the pinholes and missing pinholes on the socket.

As far as I'm aware, the Thunderbird is a socket A, which I understand is
the same as a socket 462, and the plastic socket is clearly marked 'socket
462'.

The Thunderbird was previously in a Shuttle AK31, which has metal
socket-locking lever.  The new Asus board has a plastic lever. (And a socket
which is now in several pieces):--))

Advice would be appreciated.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.