From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:25:50 -0700
To add to John's reply:

1.  When considering a motherboard purchase, it is extremely important that
they have a web site where you can download BIOS upgrades and find jumper
settings if you lose your manual. This is one of many reasons I use
brand-name motherboards in the computers I build.

2.  At least in the U.S., it is legal to sell power supplies that lack
electrical certifications, such as UL, CB, and CE, among many others. (UL
is a U.S. certification, and I don't know the countries that use the CB and
CE certifications.)  These power supplies without certifications are
significantly less expensive than their certified counterparts. It has been
my experience that they aren't as well made and don't last as long. I
highly recommend that when looking at a case/power supply combination, one
should choose a certified power supply.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**