From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:08:42 -0400
HI,

I have NOT done this myself.  But, I would think that if the scanner
were on it's own LPT port
And not dasiy chained with a printer you should be able to access it
through the network okay.
It may intail you installing an additional LPT card in your system which
is easy enough to do.

If it did not work as above, worst case, you may have to run the Scanner
through a router with built in print server.  They would be about
$50.00+ or so for one of those.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

=========================

To: PCBuild
Subject: Access Scanner over Network

Hi All

Tried posting this same post earlier but received no answers.
I have a parallel port scanner on a workstation and I want to share it
out and access it over the network. The scanner is only about 3 feet
away and the computer it is attached to is always busy (operator in
front of). It would be nice to put the doc in scanner and scan from my
computer not bothering the operator from the other. Does anyone out
there know of any software that will enable this? Do you need a scanner
that is specifically capable of this? Need more info let me know thanks
all!

Brad Feuerhelm

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>