From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:15:32 -0600
I doubt that it is your ram that is causing this problem, but you can easily check your ram by going into the cmos settings ("BIOS")
and changing from a quick POST to a regular POST, which will run a memory check each time you boot up.  Once you have satisfied
yourself one way or another, you can go back to the quick POST.

It may be that you have lost your cmos settings and it is using the default settings, which might not work as well.  Check to see if
the date and time are correct, and, if they are not, replace your cmos battery and set up the cmos settings all over again.

There are other possibilities, such as overheating or a bad component.  Clean out the inside of your case with compressed air if it
looks dirty.  Not a bad idea even if it is not too dirty.

It does look like a hardware problem, so reinstalling the operating system is not likely to do much, unless it has been trashed by
the hardware not working...

See the post I just replied to the subject "New Build" about taking out components and reinstalling them one by one.  It may take a
while to track down the problem, assuming that it can be fixed easily.

Dean Kukral