From:
Don Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:57:27 -0700
I'm attempting to upgrade my system (an oc'd P75 / ASUS P55TVP4 rev.
2.30) to an AMD K6-233.  According to the ASUS site, this is possible by
replacing the R233 182k resistor with a 1 MOhm resistor. This does not
seem trivial.  Anyone had any experience with this?

Since I don't particularly want to fry my mobo, I have scoured the Net
trying to find any info on this upgrade.  Not much out there.  One site
for the P2T4 said it's possible to solder the resistor to a jumper and
short one of the voltage jumpers with it.  I would prefer this method to
soldering directly on my mobo, but not sure which jumper would be the
right one for the TVP4.  Any ideas?  Also, there's a VCORE Reserve
jumper (JP22) that has no documentation.  Anyone know the voltage for
this jumper (for rev. 2.30)?  If it's even close to 3.2v I might just
try that.

Thanks!

--
Don Gray