From:
Eric Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:51:41 -0600
Hi Jerry,

Did you actually plug the camera into one of your usb ports?

Windows often will not even see the usb ports 'till a peripheral is attached. It
then will ask for your win98 disc and install the ports and then the peripheral.

Best wishes,
Rick

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I recently upgraded a PC to Win98SE, it is a Gateway 2000 G5-200. There are
> 2 USB ports on it and whatever I do, the OS will not recognise these. I need
> to install a USB Web Camera but this is preventing me from doing so......I
> did download an app from Gatway's site that was supposed to have all the
> relevent .inf files for this machine but it didn't work, it did detect other
> stuff like the bus mastering IDE etc.....but no USB.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry.
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                      visit our download web page at:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org