From:
James Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:13:03 -0400
> I am running Win Office 2000 Small Business on Win XP Home on a
> 'Virtual  computer"  via "Parallels"  (not Boot Camp)  on an iMac
> desktop with OSX Leopard. I print only with an HP officejet 5510 All-
> In-One.

Office and Win XP have been working  fine until when, two days ago,
responding to a MS update email, I  installed "Office 2000 Service
Release 1a (SR-1a)."

Problems developed:

1. Typing in Word and Excel was all uppercase - unless I pressed
"Shift" or "Caps Lock". That is, the cases were reversed.

2. In Word,  several  keys  showed correctly on the screen and in
Print Preview - but printed differently:
		Apostrophe ( ' )printed as  "e"  with an unlaut (Ach du Lieber!)
		Three dots (...) in front of a word printed as an upper case O
		Dash ( - ) printed as an n with an "accent acute" (small forward
slash above the letter "n")

3. In Excel in adding a column using 'sigma'  tool I previously
(including on my old PC) could type something and precede it with an
apostrophe  (Example:  '+5% ),  and  the cell would be ignored by the
addition tool. The apostrophe shows in the block in the tool bar, but
not in the cell on screen - or when printed.  Now (per example) 5 is
added into the total!

I checked  - language is specified "English - US".  None of these
problems occur on the Apple  side (I'm sending this from Apple "Mail"
program). "Keyboard Properties" says keyboard and driver "Device
working properly".  I haven't (knowingly) changed or installed
anything else.

I just un-installed and re-installed the Office program.  The problems
remain.

Should I reinstall SR-1a?  How  do I  do  that without  these problems
repeating?

HELP!

Also, I've enjoyed and profited from PCBUILD & PCSOFT for many years -
thanks!   Do you know if there are any groups that provide similar
help and insight for Apple users?

		Jim Harris - Philadelphia

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com