From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:01:45 -0700
Hello Richard,

At 03:03 PM 6/4/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I am presently running one SCSI drive on my system and I want to add two
>more. When I added the first it boots to it and not my original drive.
>What I need to know is what determines which drive will be c: and which
>will be d:, e:.

  OK...  SCSI uses ID's so the SCSI devices can be addressed by the SCSI
controller.  In most cases you will use 0-6 on the narrow type, 50-pin,
connector and 0-6 / 8-15 on the wide type, 68-pin or 80-pin, connector.

  SCSI will address the lowest SCSI ID first making it the C drive. This is
what your problem is. You need to make the hard drive you have ID 0. You
will set the other hard drives to other ID's, usually set ID1, ID2, etc.
For more information go to http://support.quantum.com/faq/scsifaq.htm#1a ,
this page explains it a bit better.

Good luck,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]