From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:58:54 -0600
At 08:29 AM 8/31/98 , Michael D. Sheridan wrote:
>Folks:
>
>Just got a new Compaq 5030 and when I tried to put the pass through
>for the scanner on the printer port it won't go on because they
>have changed the case so there is not sufficient clearance as the
>pass through is thicker than the standard printer cable end.
>
>I've tried a six foot cable like an extension cord but when I connected
>up the printer and use it a big red X covers the picture of the
>printer when printing. It's an Epson Stylus Color 600.

My first suggestion would be the extent ion cord you have already tried.
In hearing that the extention does not work, I would wonder if it is faulty.
You might want to try a shorter extention cable from the back of the
computer to connect with your scanner cable...  say only a two footer.
That or you might want to just replace the cable running from your
scanner to the parallel port, if it connects to an external port on the back
of your scanner.   Typically, a good computer parts store will have a
wide variety of such cables available or the scanner manufacturer will
have a solution available.

But, in the final analysis, if the scanner cable does not fit you will either need
to add an extention, replace it or take a sharp implement to pare it down to fit.

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**