From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:12:17 -0500
I have switched motherboards from the same manufacturer, same award bios,
without doing anything and it's come out fine.  Windows detects the changes
and makes the modifications.  One thing I always do is to copy the Win98
install from the CD to the hard drive and then change the source in the
registry so when windows starts making changes, it doesn't have to go
looking for the CD.

I'm not sure you will be able to run a PIII 500 at 133.  That's a real
stretch.  Depending on your motherboard you may get something less like 124.
You will certainly need some extra cooling.

Another problem you may have is going to an AGP card.  Unless you have a 1/2
option for the agp bus which no bx chipset board has,  you are running AGP
way over specification.  My tnt2 ultra won't run at 133 with a 2/3 divider.
It does run most 3D games  at 129 except for Unreal tournament.  Have to go
to 124 to run that.

The memory may run at that speed.  May not.  You are just going to have to
try that one.  I have very good PC100 ram that won't and some "no name" ram
that will.

Ben Moore