From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:54:27 -0600
I was not aware that a scanner could be both scsi and serial in the same
version.  If you have the scsi version your best bet to get it running is to
buy a pci scsi card.  I have the hp 4c scanner which came with an isa scsi
card ( I have a Dell too - no isa slots left) and I installed a pci scsi
Advanced Sys scsi card.  I run an external cd rom and iomega scsi zip drive
off the card too.

Usually there may be two different scanners, one that is scsi and one that
is for the parallel port.  They cannot run on both interfaces but only on
one or the other.  Iomega makes zips for the parallel port, the ide
interface and the scsi interface.  I have both the parallel and scsi zip
drives, the scsi drive will not run on the parallel port.

Hope this helps,

Mary Wolden