From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:21:23 -0300
Hello!  It is very improbable unless the floppy was infected.  Is the
heyboard doing strange things in DOS too when you boot from the downloaded
floppy?  If so, the keyboard controller is bad.  It also could be a
corruption in the BIOS program on the motherboard (I have seen this once
before), if you have the manual handy, it should document the exact jumpers
to connect or disconnect to reset it to defaults, OR you can  remove the
battery for a minute or so and it should reset itself.  Then you can see if
this fixed the problem, if not, the only solution would be to shop for a new
motherboad. Something else though...  do you have a PS2 connection and are
using a large connector (PS1) type keyboard with an adapter?  You could test
the adapter on another computer, I have seen some of these adapters get
loose inside.  I live in Fortaleza and our comunity has been advertised as
second only to the Dead Sea as to the corrosive effects of the salt in our
air, so I see all sorts of hardware problems I never saw in the States!  I
hope this helps.
Howard Rubin, Fortaleza, Brazil