From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:18:46 +1000
What's the easiest/best way to run an antivirus scan on a laptop (XP) from
my home desktop (W7 ultimate)?

Would a USB transfer cable do it?

Normally, with 2 desktops, I just remove the hard drive from the bad
computer and plug it into my own desktop, then run the scans from there.
That way, Windows is not open on the bad hard drive so that any viruses
cannot protect themselves.

But it's not so easy on a laptop. Although I have a laptop HD to desktop
converter plug, I dislike trying to remove a hard drive from a laptop---I'd
rather do brain surgery or rocket science. And it doesn't always work anyway.

Don Penlington

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml