From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:37:59 -0800
Hi, as a relative new comer to Win 2K, I have a question regarding
processes. Is 45 running a lot? Is there an easy way to tell what they all
are? The more cryptic ones? I am trying to determine what is causing a
general slow down of my system, i.e. using shift to select a group of mails
in Outlook can take a long time to highlight. That is just one example. I am
wondering if my video card is maybe a bit long in the tooth. Real 3D agp,
8MB.
Rest of the system,
PIII 600
256 PC100 RAM
2940UW controller with
3-UW SCSI drives
Plextor 40x SCSI CD-ROM
2906 controller with
Plextor SCSI 12-10-32
ZIP 100
HP4C
0-IDE devices
Any suggestions as to how I can pinpoint what is causing a general system
slow down?
Using drivers from Adaptec for controllers.
I keep getting an error in the Event viewer, System Log, Error source
aic78xx, "the driver detected a controller error on \device\scsi\aic78xx2",
which I realize is one of the controllers, and the error shows as ID 11
defined as:
Event Message:
The hardware resources for name are already in use by another device.
Source
Event Log
Event ID
Event Type
serial
System
11
Error

Explanation:

An interrupt or port address that the indicated hardware needs to use is
already in use by another device (probably by the network).

User Action:

Use Ports from Control Panel to assign a different interrupt or port
address
to this device. Use Event Viewer to look for other messages that might
provide more information about the problem.
I have no conflicts in device manager. Any ideas as how I go about
correcting this?
Thanks,
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA