From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:16:28 +0200
Hello Phat,

PN> Hello !
PN> Now I have to do much with graphic ( Photoshop, Corel, Director, Page Maker, Freehand, Quakexpress ), so I have to buy a new PC.
PN> I don't know which PC's confirguration can help me best. Now I have under 650USD for my new computer. Please help me and give me your advice.
PN> Thanks in advance.
PN> Phat Nguyen

The life and death of computer that is dealing with graphics is
memory. Buy it, and then buy some more. 128M is a minimum for serious
work. How do I still manage to do something with 32M, I don't know :(
I'll just say that Photoshop takes 30-40 seconds to load, and while
applying filters on full-page (A4) scans I can get a good coffee
break. You don't want this to happen with your PC, do you?

Fast CPU, spacious HDD and decent video card are needed as well, but
the memory is The First Requirement.

A good 17" will be nice, but for $650 I think you'll have to stick
with your old monitor for a while.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]