From:
Clinton A Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:06:01 -0500
Hi Kevin,
Is this an AT, PS/2, or USB keyboard?
I have worked on several systems with the same problem.
If you tried a different keyboard and it still didn't work then
you probably have a bad keyboard port.
Either a bad or bent socket for the individual pins of the keyboard
connector.
Bad or loose solder joint on the keyboard socket.
Or a bad keyboard controller chip.
Or maybe a blown fuse or fuseable link in the power supply line to the
keyboard.
I had one come in that several pins were bent on the keyboard plug and
when
plugged in shorted the power directly to the metal shell of the plug.
Toasted the motherboard.
I have never come across a card that you can use to replace a keyboard
port.
Sorry, but the only solution I know of is to replace the motherboard.
Good luck,
Clint Worley

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:57:46 -0700 Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> The keyboard on my kids computer stopped working yesterday. I have
> never had a problem with a
> keyboard before, so I don't know where to begin to look. I have
> tried another keyboard, and that
> didn't work either. Anyone know the most likely culprits?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>