Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:24:56 -0500
This reply shows the different experiences that can vary with the individual and the problems they had.

I'm not connected with "tigerdirect" nor any other business.  Computers are a hobby for me and I have bought and returned items with out any hitches from "tigerdirect".

The question was, "should I upgrade an AT computer?" My reply was, no, because it's cheaper go with ATX. It seems like all who responded agreed. Where you get the parts is debatable.

Mike michel

 --- On Wed 02/05, Anthony Garvey wrote:
I would go the bit extra for an ATX case and purchase ATX components.  And,
I'm sorry, but I must caution anyone considering any purchases from
TigerDirect; they have only one thing going for them - low prices.  Based on
my past experiences with this company, their service is poor, their return
policy is almost non-existent, they will attempt to "slam" your phone
service with trick offers and they will distribute your e-mail address to
spammers.  Let the buyer beware.

>  This question comes up many times and the bottom line is that it will
cost more to upgrade than it would be to build a new system--- altho you
could upgrade the RAM which is selling at reasonable prices.

> www.tigerdirect.com has some good "barebones" systems.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com