From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 23:28:30 -0700
I am not familiar with your video card or motherboard so I can not give
you specific recommendations, but here are generic options for XP Home.
Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "properties",
select "settings"/"advanced"/"troubleshoot". Set hardware acceleration
to maximum and enable write combining. Select OK/apply/OK to exit the
display properties.
Go to "System" in Control Panel and go to "advanced" and under
"performance" select "settings" and then select "adjust for best
performance". While there go to "advanced" and set the processor and
memory to "programs". Click OK/OK to exit system. If you do not like
some appearance on the desktop, go to the location where you selected
"adjust for best performance" and you can select "custom" and enable
"smoothing edges of screen font" plus other options to enhance the
appearance.
I would also review the motherboard manual to see if there are any BIOS
settings that might enhance video performance. Just a thought that the
default setting could be to use SLI to use two video cards and you may
need to set it as using only one video card. Also see if one video slot
on the motherboard is preferred with only one video card installed.

Hope this helps.

Tom

g.Computer9f wrote:
>  Thank you, Tom.  I wonder if you could tell me a little more about the settings, specifically?
>
> Thanks,
> AnnaSummers

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com