From:
Chuck Hassenplug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:49:47 -0700
Dear List members,
    I am running an AMD K6-233 with 64mb SDRAM (two 32mb dimms, bank 0-1??)
and an AGP graphics card(velocity 128). I have an Award Bios, and there are
several aspects of it that I need clarification on. I would like to know
what they are and what they do, and if I should enable them or not:

1)  PCI-VGA palette Snoop
2)  C-800-CBFFF Shadow, etc.
3)  Floppy 3 Mode Support
4)  Aperture Size - Currently 64m, can go up to 256m????
5) System Bios Cacheable
6)  Onchip USB
7)  SDRAM Cycle Length
8)  SDRAM Bank Interleave
9)  Memory Hole at 15mb address
10)  Reset Configuration Data
11)  ACPI I/O Device Node
12)  PCI #2 Access #1 Retry
13)  AGP Master 1 WS Read
14)  UART 2 Mode - Standard, HPSIR, ASKIR

Most of the above items were disabled, and I am wondering if I can improve
performance by enabling them. Also, the graphics card needs a dedicated IRQ,
and I don't know how to make sure that it has one. Thank you for all your
help and expertise.

Chuck Hassenplug