From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:51:49 -0500
I've used Zoom modems almost exclusively for several years.  I've always
gotten good performance and reliability.  The price is good for the
performance.  The technical support is average at best.  I called once
about a problem with the command set and almost had to explain to the tech
what a modem command set was used for.  As for hardware support:  I had one
two-year-old 28.8 modem that failed to work following a thunderstorm and
one 33.6 that started having problems after I'd had it about two months.
Both were mailed to Zoom and were repaired or replaced and returned in less
than the promised time and both are still working fine with daily use.