From:
Marilyn Leathers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:51:33 -0700
Hello All,
      I have a friend pc that is running Windfows XP Media Center Edition that is missing the hal.dll file. The computer will not boot off of the recovery disk nor can I bring the system up in safe mode.
  Most of my research says that I should fix ther boot.ini file with a recovery console. Well, the system will not run the system recovery disk. I keep getting the same error that hal.dll is missing.
  I'm thinking abou taking the hard drive out of the freinds computer and putting in my computer as a slave and fix the problem of the missing file. Any suggestions would be appreciated of the quickest method of fixing the problem of the missing hal.dll file.

  Thanks!

  Marilyn Leathers

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml