From:
"Larry A. Kaduce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:06:22 -0600
If the partition is formatted with NTFS, that method will not work and you
will have to build the floppy set earlier mentioned. If you cannot find
makeboot.exe, it is available as a knowledge base article at
www.microsoft.com or at www.windowsxp.nu.

Booting from floppy is painfully slow and tedius, so if you can set the bios
to boot from CD, reinstall XP, format the partition to FAT32 and then any
Windows 98 boot disk will allow you to access your drive if you have
problems. You can always convert to NTFS later.

Larry A. Kaduce