From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:39:00 -0600
At 08:39 PM 8/6/99 , Marc E. Mosher wrote:
>   I just bought a Sound Blaster 16 Value with Plug N Play.  It works great in
>Windows 98 and in when I run anything in a DOS box in Windows 98.
>
>   But I can't get it to work in DOS outside of Win98 at all.  I have tried to
>use the DIAGNOSE program, which works and finds it in Win98.  I go
>through the set up process, restart the computer and it can't find the card
>in DOS.
>
>   When I run it outside Win98 it comes up with an error on no matter what
>base I/O address I use, even the autoscan, and won't go any further.

You will need to load the DOS drivers for your sound card to run it
from Dos, in the case of a plug-n-play card you will also need the
PnP configuration driver for the card.  You can download these
drivers from Creative Labs/Sound Blaster at:
  http://support.soundblaster.com/files/download.asp?OS=Dos&prod=sb_16

The Dos drivers file is:                 sbbasic.exe    1.2mgs
The PnP config manager file is:   ctcmbbs.exe   706k

You will need both of these files to use your sound card in DOS.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: